SwissMAP family support grants are aimed at young researchers who need to care for their children without sacrificing their academic careers. In order to provide more flexibility in such cases, NCCR SwissMAP offers grants to temporarily liberate* from non-research (teaching or administrative) duties of up to 20% of their work time.
- The applicant is a member of a group participating in NCCR SwissMAP and pursuing an academic career.
- The applicant has a child / children up to 4 years of age. The applicant has teaching or administrative duties at their home university.
How to apply
In order to apply for a family support grant, the applicant should send the following documents to the SwissMAP Office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Child’s birth certificate or expected due date
- Name of your group leader (professor participating in NCCR SwissMAP)
- Your current non-research duties and their work-time percentage
- Desired liberation period (1 semester or 1 year).
Applications can be submitted every year regardless of the previous decisions.