SwissMAP Research Station
Organizers: Pierre-Alain Cherix (UNIGE), Shaula Fiorelli (UNIGE), Joana Mailler (UNIGE), Elise Raphael (UNIGE)
The conference targeting outreach actors will be followed by a math fair on Saturday October 29th, open to everyone from 11am to 6pm at Maison des Congrès, les Diablerets. For more information on the week of conference, please use the link above.
La journée portes ouvertes du samedi 29 octobre 2022 aura lieu à la Maison des Congrès des Diablerets de 11h à 18h. Cette journée s’adresse à tous les curieux et curieuses, sans restriction d’âge!
Au programme (mis à jour au fur et à mesure):
- Conférence-spectacle “Jonglerie musicale, automates et combinatoire” par Vincent de Lavenère et Florent Hivert suivie d’une initiation
- Escape room du Mathscope format découverte
- Conférence grand public
- Maths to touch
- Nombreux stands et animations ludiques autour des mathématiques !
We propose a conference on outreach bringing together its different actors and its different aspects. The program will be divided into three parts:
- Outreach actors: who does outreach ? : On the occasion of this conference, various actors of outreach, YouTubers, researchers, science center managers, will come to talk about their profession and their methods.
- The outreach, what’s that all about ? : Through talks and working sessions, participants will be able to familiarize themselves with research in outreach which is in its beginning. We will start by understanding how a theoretical reflection on practices can change the way we present concepts, and then we will think about which theoretical frameworks to put in place to analyze our practices;
- Getting hands-on : Participants will be invited to experience outreach as learners during some workshops. Material will also be available on an ongoing basis so that participants can experience it whenever they wish. In addition, there will be work sessions specifically dedicated to the creation of new activities.