Lie groups and Lie algebras play a crucial role both in physics and mathematics.
This conference will bring together specialists working on theoretical aspects of Lie theory and on its applications to physical models.
Organisers: Maria Podkopaeva et Samuel Monnier
Titles and abstracts
- Dror Bar-Natan, University of Toronto
- Vadim Cheianov, Leiden University
- Benjamin Enriquez, Strasbourg University
- Jiang-Hua Lu, University of Hong Kong
- Yael Karshon, University of Toronto
- Anna Lachowska, EPFL
- Eckhart Meinrenken, University of Toronto
- Volker Schomerus, DESY and Hamburg University
- Pavol Severa, Université de Genève
- Samson Shatashvili, Trinity College Dublin
- Thomas Strobl, Claude Bernard University Lyon
- Andras Szenes, Université de Genève
- Cornelia Vizman, West University of Timisoara
- Christopher Woodward, Rutgers University
- Ping Xu, PennState University
- Xiaomeng Xu, MIT
Monday, August 28
9:30 - 10:30 Jiang-Hua Lu, "Toric and Poisson Degenerations of Bott-Samelson Varieties"
11:00 - 12:00 Pavol Severa, "Dirac structures and deformation quantization"
17:00 - 18:00 Xiaomeng Xu, "Stokes phenomenon and its applications in mathematical physics"
18:15 - 19:15 Eckhard Meinrenken, "Verlinde formulas for nonsimply connected groups"
Tuesday, August 29
9:30 - 10:30 Ping Xu, "Unifying Duflo element and Todd class"
11:00 - 12:00 Yael Karshon, "Bott canonical basis"
Wednesday, August 30
9:30 - 10:30 Benjamin Enriquez, "A Betti counterpart of the harmonic coproduct"
11:00 - 12:00 Anna Lachowska, "The center of the small quantum group in type A"
17:00 - 18:00 Christopher Woodward, "Categorification of symplectic manifolds, after Fukaya et al, and its computation"
18:15 - 19:15 Cornelia Vizman, "Lie algebras of symplectic / divergence free vector fields and central extensions"
Thursday, August 31
9:30 - 10:30 Vadim Cheianov, "Reflections on the chiral magnetic effect"
11:00 - 12:00 Thomas Strobl, "Members of the extended family of Yang-Mills gauge theories"
17:00 - 18:00 Dror Bar-Natan, "The Dogma is Wrong"
18:15 - 19:15 Samson Shatashvili, "Gravitational WZW and factorization"
Friday, September 1
9:30 - 10:30 Andras Szenes, "Integrating over Hilbert schemes"
11:00 - 12:00 Volker Schomerus, "From Block Spins to Spinning Blocks"
Photos from the excursion and conference dinner